Monday, September 22, 2014

About Mr. Lumix

You'll see that this post is out of sequence, because I'm behind on a couple of days' walks. But you're going to have to cut me some pilgrim slack on that.  I also want to tell you more detail about our arrival this afternoon in Santiago de Compostela. Yep, Marty and I said goodbye to Pazo de Galegos this morning, and walked the last ten miles of the pilgrimage into Santiago de Compostela. More details on all that later.

But there's something about today's walk that I need to share - even Marty doesn't know about this yet.

When I put my pack on this morning, Mr. Lumix, my trusty Panasonic point and shoot,  fell out of my pack, and landed flat on his lens on the pavement. I tried for several minutes to bring him back, but the lens cover was dinged and wouldn't open. So, any pictures from today were taken by Marty. (If you look carefully, you'll see that there aren't any pictures with this post.)

But here's the thing. When Marty and I got into Santiago, we went straight to the cathedral and spent some time, then finished up the process to officially become peregrinos with papers and everything.. Great way to end this walk, and like I said, more to come on this.

And now, I'm unpacking in the hotel, I take the camera out of my pack, and, unbelievably, MR.. LUMIX LIVES!  His lens is open, it opens and closes, and seems to be taking pictures fine.  As good as new.

I'll assure you that, at the end of the walk, when I was in the cathedral, I did not say a prayer for my camera. But, still, this is the place of miracles. Could it  be...


4 comments:

  1. OK, but whatever happened in that cathedral stays in spain and not at the hot dog toss (which I lost for the 2nd week in a row without you and Marty).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So your done and survived. Congratulations. The panthers could have used some prayers and help as they got pounded by the Steelers. Mark keeps losing the hot dog and banana flips which we are all enjoying. Bought new hiking shoes at Costco today so ready for new adventures. Look forward to your next travel tales so travel safe. Gammy.. (they name mountains after me)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So now you buy new hiking shoes. You're in for the next one. I'm thinking of something with a real short and easy first day.... Get Luftig to buy some hiking shoes.

    ReplyDelete